Rockhampton Parish Council
Your Subtitle text

latest news/Agendas

Chairman’s Initials ……………… 5/080517

DRAFT MINUTES OF ROCKHAMPTON ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON MONDAY 08 MAY 2017 AT 7.30 PM
AT ROCKHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL


THE FOLLOWING WERE PRESENT

Cllrs P Bates, T Cullimore, J Rolfe, S Goode, T Mitchell Skinner.
Mrs E V Lewis (Clerk)

1 Member of Public

1. NOMINATION FOR ELECTION OF CHAIR
Cllr P Bates to be re-elected as Chair. Proposed by Cllr S Goode; seconded by
Cllr J Rolfe.

2. CHAIR DECLARATION OF OFFICE
This was duly signed by Cllr P Bates in the presence of the Clerk.

3. APOLOGIES
Apologies were received from Cllr Matthew Riddle.

4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None declared.

5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF 10th April 2017
It was proposed by Cllr J Rolfe and seconded by Cllr S Goode that the minutes of meeting
held on 10th April 2017 be APPROVED.

6. CLERKS REPORT re Matters not covered elsewhere on agenda
Clerk reported that it has been a very busy month with the financial year end period. A
new laptop and printer for the Parish Council Clerk has been ordered. Rockhampton
Parish Council is now registered as an employer with the HMRC, Clerk to make enquires
if registration required with the Pension Regulator. The Chair has discussed the contract
of employment with the new Clerk.

7. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
No matters raised.

8. CORRESPONDENCE
Items covered are included in the attached sheet. The following issues were discussed:
 The current consultation on the Electoral Review of South Gloucestershire
Warding arrangements – response from the Parish Council discussed. Clerk to
write a summary and send to all Councillors for approval. Comments to be
submitted before 5th June 2017. Clerk to email surrounding Parish Clerks to see if
they are submitting a comment.
 South Gloucestershire in the First World War Project First World War memorials
website – Clerk to check that the Rockhampton War Memorial is on the list.
 South Gloucestershire Council Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment – Clerk to
look at minutes after 2011 to see if any flooding issues were raised at Parish
Council meeting. Flooding in 2011/ 2012 was discussed.

9. HIGHWAYS
The drain opposite The Elms and the pothole issue was discussed at last month’s meeting.
The Clerk to contact Cllr Riddle, to see if any update is available.

10. PLANNING
No new applications for Parish Council Comment received.
Update on applications received in neighbouring parishes:
PT16/4774/0 - Land West of Gloucester Road – Awaiting decision
PT17/0473/PNA - Brick House, Farm Hill Road, Hill, Berkeley – Approved with conditions
Cllr Bates discussed the Parish Council response to the consultation on the Joint Spatial
Plan, the response was sent in end of 2016. Cllr Bates asked if there was an update on the
plan, Clerk reported that there was no update at present but will look at the website to see
timescales and progress for post-consultation.

11. FINANCE
11.1 The Clerk reported that the remittance advice for the payment of the Community
Infrastructure Levy had been received. It was noted that the new precept payment was
also made in April.
11.2 Clerk discussed the Statement of Accounts for 2016/17 and accounts were approved
by all.
11.3 Section A1 The Annual Governance Statement 2016/17 was approved by all.
11.4 Section A2 The Accounting Statements 2016/17, change in the balance carried
forward was explained and Accounting Statements approved by all.
11.5 The Clerk explained about the new templates for the schedules for submission to
external auditor for 2016/17.
11.6 To note the following payments:
Clerk Salary £353.09
PF Web Designs (new IT equipment) £543.97
Aon UK Limited (Insurance renewal) £204.58
11.7 Bank Signatories forms was updated, approved and signed.
11.8 The Clerk explained the changes to the Internal Audit for local Council with an
income below £25,000 from the next financial year. The Parish Council will become
exempt from External Audit in 2018. The Clerk discussed the ALCA Internal Audit
Consortium. Councillors asked questions regarding cost, training, and how would the
audit be completed, i.e. would a check list be available? It was approved that the Parish
Council registers its interest in the scheme, Clerk to ask for further clarification on the
questions raised.

12. CHAIRMANS / COUNCILLORS REPORT
No reports at this meeting. Chair will prepare an annual report for the Annual Assembly.

13. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Clerk to look at a possible dates for holding the Annual Parish Assembly in June 2017.
The Chairman thanked everyone for attending.

Meeting was closed at 9.10 pm.

Next Meeting will be on a Monday 14 August 2017
…………….. ……………………
Chairman Date. 
Website Builder